Friday, February 28, 2014

More Than Meets The Mind: Robot Therapist -- Episode 10: Wheeljack (Autobot)

WHEELJACK:  Skywarp.
The guy can teleport. How does he DO that?

I've been thinking about it non-stop. It's the ONLY thing I can think of. Every project I'm working on has fallen behind.

Short-distance teleportation is impossible. Hell, LONG distance teleportation is impossible without a Space-Bridge and those need to much space and use too much energy to be compacted down to an onboard version. Plus a space-bridge needs a station at both ends of the jump.

Skywarp doesn't. He can go anywhere he wants within a short range. Line of sight maybe? In the air? I've never seen him go air-to-ground or through a wall. But does that mean he can't? Is it just the limits of my observation? There are so many questions, the biggest one being how the fuck did he figure out how to do it in the first place?

Skywarp is a moron. When it comes to scientific and technical acumen he makes Sludge look like Perceptor.

I'm sorry. You're asking me about Charon.

I know the answers you want to hear.

I know the things that SHOULD bother me: The destruction, the loss of life, the senselessness of it all. Beings are dying, planets are being ripped apart, whole galaxies are threatened by our war. I've seen death, destruction, horrors unimaginable.

But over and over, now matter how much I try to care about those things, to make myself remember how they used to make me feel years ago, I can't.

The only thing I keep coming back to, the only thing I can make myself feel anything for is Skywarp's teleportation ability.

How does he do it?



No comments:

Post a Comment