Wednesday, February 19, 2014

More Than Meets The Mind: Robot Therapist -- Episode 9: Smokescreen (Autobot)



SMOKESCREEN: I hear Red Alert has been giving you the gears. Sorry about that. You know how he is. There are times I think he should be coming to see you himself.

Unfortunately, I can't help anyone who doesn't want to be helped. Even those who are manadated to see me...well, they can be ordered to come, but they can't be ordered to tell me anything they don't want to.

SMOKESCREEN: Must be frustrating.

It's part of the job. I learned long ago to keep my personal feelings out of it.


SMOKESCREEN: Personally, I think you do good work. I don't know if you know this, but I'm the sort of guy people like to talk to. I'm a good listener, but sometimes people tell me stuff I don't know how to deal with. I'm glad they have you now. It makes my job a little easier.

Thank you.

SMOKESCREEN: I'd like to see this project keep going. I know you've faced some opposition, and I'd like to help you. I'm not exactly one of the top brass, but...well, like I said--they listen to me. If there's anything I can do to help, let me know.

I'll keep that in mind. Of course, I'm not stupid.

SMOKESCREEN: Say again?

I'm well aware of your specialty. I'm also quite familiar with the good cop-bad cop routine.

SMOKESCREEN: Curses, foiled again. Well...out of professional curiosity, how's my good cop?

You are very likable.

SMOKESCREEN: I'm tempted to ask for a reference. Got a performance review coming up.

You have a sense of humor. That's rare among Transformers.

SMOKESCREEN: I'm serious. I'm willing to help you, any way I can. If there was something you could give me, something to maybe get Red Alert of your back, so you can do your job in peace...

You're doing it again.

SMOKESCREEN: Can't blame a guy for trying. That being said,I'm not kidding. I think it's important work. There are a lot of us, who would like to see this war end. I'm sure you've even talked to a couple. Maybe even on both sides. Anyway, I'm not going to pry into your business. Just letting you know I'm here, if you need someone to go to bat for you.

I appreciate that.

No comments:

Post a Comment